Refurbishment and extension of a Grade II manor house including a new feature oak staircase. The original medieval building was extended, with the timber framed walls of the original medieval part of the property covered with a brick skin, to give a country house Georgian façade in about 1780. The brick skin has now been removed from the side and rear and the timber framing and windows restored. The plan form had been altered in Victorian times to ensure that no bedrooms were south facing as this was considered bad for health. The south facing corridor has now been removed and the plan rationalised with the installation of the new staircase. The Stable block has been extended and refurbished with renewable energy systems and the addition of a clock tower. The extensive gardens and grounds have been landscaped with new drainage and water features.